Patriarch Alexy Wishes Success to Ecumenists

  • Athanasios Jayne
    Message 1 of 62 , Mar 2, 2007
      From the official website of the Moscow Patriarchate:

      His Holiness the Patriarch Meets Taize Delegation

      http://www.mospat.ru/index.php?page=31646

      Patriarch Alexy: "I wish from all my heart that his cause
      may continue successfully', he said." [referring to "Brother
      Roger," founder of Taize, and to his cause]

      "He [Patriarch Alexy] also said the Russian Orthodox Church
      is open for dialogue and cooperation with Taize."

      What is "Taize"? What is the "cause" that Patriarch Alexy
      wishes "from all his heart" will continue successfully?
      What is it that the Patriarch is open to cooperating with?

      See for yourself at Taize's website: http://www.taize.fr/en

      "Taizé, in the south of Burgundy, France, is the home of an
      international, ecumenical community, founded there in 1940
      by Brother Roger. The brothers are committed for their whole
      life to material and spiritual sharing, to celibacy, and to
      a great simplicity of life. Today, the community is made up
      of over a hundred brothers, Catholics and from various
      Protestant backgrounds, from more than twenty-five nations.
      At the heart of daily life in Taizé are three times of
      prayer together."

      Taize (for anyone who doesn't know) is, and always has
      been, a pre-eminent, if not THE pre-eminent icon of
      Ecumenism, whose whole spirit is one of Ecumenism. Taize
      itself confesses that "the heart of its daily life" is
      nothing other than inter-heretical, syncretistic joint
      prayers. That is, its "heart" is doing what is absolutely
      contrary to Orthodoxy, and to the Ecumenical canons of
      the Church. Taize's "cause" is nothing but Ecumenism
      itself, as a means of uniting all "Christian Churches"
      into one. This is the "cause" that Patriarch Alexy wishes
      "from all his heart" to continue successfully. This is
      what ROCOR's future First Hierarch is open to cooperating
      with.

      Athanasios Jayne
      (ROCOR)
    • Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko
      Message 62 of 62 , Mar 6, 2007
        The Church lives by the Holy Scripture does it not---its Yea is its
        Yea and its Nay is its Nay, NO?

        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Athanasios Jayne"
        <athanasiosj@...> wrote:

        > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Rev. Alexander Lebedeff"
        > <lebedeff@> wrote:
        > >
        > > The document you refer to was approved by a Resolution of the
        > Council of the Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church. This approval
        > is recorded in the official record of the Council -- the Journal.
        The
        > Patriarch signs the official Journal, after which the decision is
        > official and is binding on the Church.
        > >
        > > Therefore the Document is officially the policy of the Church of
        > Russia and that has been confirmed by the signature of the
        Patriarch.<