Re: Copts and Armenians too now! Archbishop Mark leads the way.....?!?

  • Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2007
      The Yale Choir many years ago began to sing Rusian Orthodox music
      over the decades many singers converted to the Orthodox Faith.

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Athanasios Jayne"

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2007
        A program of singing on stage is not a Church Service---maybe a Copt
        or two would become Orthodox after this.

        In Berkeley the Music Department has a choir that sings Orthodox
        music pieces, some of the singers are now attending the Cathedral in
        San Francisco and the Orthodox Church in Berkeley.

        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Reader Timothy Tadros"
        <pravoslavney@...> wrote:

        > Does this mean the Monophysites accept the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th
        > Ecumenical Councils Now?
        > I would agree we have a much better chance of an Orthodox Unity
        > with them more than the Roman Catholic Church now than ever before.
        > "As far as the East is from the West" this is exactly how much we
        > differ with the RC's in theology, ecclesiology, and liturgics!
        > Rdr Timothy Tadros
        > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko"
        > <StefanVPavlenko@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Archbishop Averky would be overjoyed! He always hoped that
        Orthodox
        > > would act kindly toward the Copts and other near Orthodox so that
        > > they would gravitate toward unity with the Orthodox Church and
        not
        > > the Roman Catholic or Protestants. Singing together is a start!
        > > Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko
        > >

        > > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Basil Yakimov <byakimov@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >

        > > > DIOCESE OF BERLIN AND GERMANY: February 28, 2007
        > > > The Cathedral of the Holy New Martyrs and Confessors of Russia
        > > Hosts
        > > > the Traditional "Meeting of Orthodox Choirs"
        > > >
        > > > The feast day of the Triumph of Orthodoxy was celebrated in the
        > > > Bavarian capital of Munich with an event called the "Meeting of
        > > > Orthodox Choirs," which has now become a tradition.
        > > >
        > > > Orthodoxy is the third Christian confession in Germany
        according
        > > the
        > > > number of adherents, after Protestants and Roman Catholics: by
        > some
        > > > estimates there are some one million Orthodox Christians in the
        > > > country. Orthodoxy is represented in Munich by communities of
        the
        > > > Moscow, Constantinople, Serbian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Georgian
        > and
        > > > Antiochian Patriarchates as well as the Russian Orthodox Church
        > > Outside
        > > > of Russia. Believers belonging to the Ancient Eastern Churches
        > > include
        > > > representatives of the Armenian, Coptic and Ethiopian diasporas.
        > > >
        > > > The Cathedral of the Holy New Martyrs and Confessors of Russia
        > and
        > > St
        > > > Nicholas (ROCOR) was this year's host for the "Meeting of
        > Orthodox
        > > > Choirs."
        > > >
        > > > The event opened with a brief welcome by His Eminence
        Archbishop