Re: Annunciation

  • boulia_1
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2007
      You need to check withyour local parish to know their exact schedule!
      It's my understanding that the Vespers service of Good Friday (Vynos
      Plaschanitsy) should be as usual, but it will contain elements of the
      Feast of Annunciation (i.e. the singing of the Troparion of the Feast
      as well as that of Blagoobrazniy Iosif). I am currently preparing
      special music for this occasion, which will be posted later during
      Lent on the website www.rocm.org

      Friday evening, Matins for Great Saturday, will also contain elements
      of Annunciation, including the Canon...

      Elizabeth

      '--- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Mitin, Stiva"
      <pravoslavnajaRU@...> wrote:

      > As everyone realizes, the Feast of the Annunciation coincides with
      Holy
      > Saturday (and we miss Kyriopascha by a day!) What is the schedule of
      > services when the Annunciation falls on Good Friday? This occurred
      last in
      > 1972 and this was the only time I missed Vynos Plashchinitsa,
      because when
      > we got to church at 2, the service was over.
      >
      > Also, is a regular Vigil served on Sunday evening for the
      Annunciation if