Re: post soviet MP is already at work in the SF diocese... what else!

  • boulia_1
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 18, 2007
      Dear Katherine,

      I certainly hope you didn't take my post the wrong way -- I wasn't
      criticizing you in any way. I was teasing when I used the word
      demoting, not trying to imply any wrongdoing on your part at all.

      Forgive me, a sinner!

      In Christ, Elizabeth (no titles!)

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <weaver32@...> wrote:

      > Thank you for this correction, sorry, am new here, and did not
      know. It is very hard to always know, as mentioned, we must be
      clearer on our titles, it is true.

      > Guess being ALL children of God, we tend to feel as family, and are
      thinking on these terms. But, yes, we do need to somehow maybe even
      make a list of who is who, perhaps many are new like me, and would
      not have anyway of knowing EXACTLY the title of someone who is
      writing. Certainly harm, of demoting, was not intentionally done. Do
      not think anyone here wold purposely show disrespect, if they knew.
      We msut though remember again, we are ALL children of God, and we all
      deserve respect as equals in Gods eyes. Many saints were of those,
      people would never identify as such, during their life. ( An example
      that comes to mind is St Xenia.)

      > "As we do for unto others, we have done unto Christ, himself"We
      hold the image of God.

      > Sorry again ,for not recognizing title and showing respect, needed.
      Thanks for pointing it out. Naturally people would not do it on
      purpose.

      > In Christ,
      >
      > Katherine
      in the SF diocese... what else!

      > Dear Katherine -- You've unwittingly given Father Alexander a
      > demotion!
      >
      > He's a ProtoIEREI -- ie ArchPRIEST. :-)
      >
      > It's not the only case of misunderstood identity here lately.
      Maybe

      http://www.russianorthodoxchurch.ws/synod/engdocuments/enart_perekrost
      > ov25q.html
      > >
      > > I hope that these answers will clarify some of the issues that
      > bother you.
      > >
      > > One more comment.
      > >
      > > When a bishop (or priest or deacon) willfully leaves the Synod
      in
      > which he was consecrated, he becomes a schismatic and is subject
      > immediate suspension and then deposition from orders, according
      > the Holy Canons.
      > >
      > > While Archbishop Lazarus and Bishop Benjamin were part of the
      > Synod of the ROCOR, they were fully canonical bishops.
      > >
      > > The moment they ceased to commemorate Metropolitan Laurus and
      > broke communion with the Synod that had consecrated them and to
      whom
      > they had made a solemn Oath of Fealty and Obedience--they became
      > schismatic and uncanonical.
      > >
      > > Therefore, their consecration of any other bishops, including
      > Archbishop (in quotes) Tikhon (Pasechnik) is not a canonical
      > consecration, and the entire group is schismatic, as are the
      ROAC,
      > ROCIE (both versions), and whatever other splinter groups are out
      > there.
      > >
      > > With love in Christ,
      > > Prot. Alexander Lebedeff

    • boulia_1