FW:Points which changed our minds?

  • Bushunow, Peter
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2007
      Father Alexander Lebedeff writes

      including church historians from both the > Church Abroad and the
      Moscow Patriarchate, which took place in Hungary in > November 2001, I
      have been able to acquaint myself with a great deal of new research >
      into the situation of the church in Russia at the time of Patriarch
      Tikhon.

      Many documents, previously unknown, have come to light.
      Especially valuable was a scholarly work entitled "The Church and the
      Politburo," in two volumes, which includes material from a great many
      Soviets archives, including the archives of the Cheka (later known as
      the OGPU, or just GPU, and later yet the NKVDand the KGB). <<<<<<

      Makes perfect sense, right? The Cheka gets Patriarch Tikhon to
      parrot their lies & embrace the Bolshevik government but they don't let
      anybody know about it. Then they turn around and bury this information
      in their archives where it doesn't see the light of day until 2001.
      What foresight. Why exactly was this information withheld from us for
      80 years?

      Why did so many New Martyrs go to their deaths, resisting the
      communist God hating government?

      I really wonder how we can be so selective in what we choose to
      believe.
      Why don't you believe Mitrokhin and Preobrazhensky who also
      claim to reveal the archives of the Politburo?

      And in any case, two wrongs never make a right. Even if
      Patriarch Tikhon, with a gun to his head, repented of his anathema of
      the communist government, we should not, we cannot condone and accept
      his action and that of Sergius.

      Reader Peter

      are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete it from your system.

      This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for
      the presence of computer viruses.

      Thank You,
      Viahealth