Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: post soviet MP is already at work in the SF diocese... what else

  • DDD
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2007
      Woops--and all this time I thought she was talking about "Vladyka Tikhon" of the OCA! Thanks for the background on this other "Vladyka Tikhon."

      --Dimitra Dwelley

      On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:57:34 -0500, Aleksandr Andreev wrote:
      > How much do you know about Vl Tikhon's synod?
      > ROCOR up until very recently were in communion with these canonical
      > Vladikas. To say otherwise is a falsehood.

      Leonid Alimpievich Pasechnik, alias "Archbishop Tikhon of Omsk and
      Siberia", head of the soi-disant "Russian True-Orthodox Church,"
      ("lazarites"), which declared itself independent from the Mansonville
      schism in 2002, in accordance with an "ukase of Metropolitan Vitaly",
      dated March 11, 2002.

      Born 1948 in Kazakhstan. Grew up in Omsk. In 1999 ordained hieromonk
      by Bishop Evtikhy of Ishim and Siberia. In 2001 left ROCOR for the
      Mansonville schism. In 2002 "consecrated" by Arcbhishop Lazar
      (Zhurbenko) (who was secretly consecrated at a Moscow apartment by
      Bishop Varnava in 1982, subsequently suspended by the ROCOR Synod in
      1995 "until complete repentance", see here:
      http://orthodoxwiki.org/Varnava_(Prokofiev)_of_Cannes).

      Succeeded Archbishop Lazar as head of the RTOC "lazarites" in 2005.

      Aleksandr Andreev
      Duke University
      aleksandr.andreev@...
      http://www.duke.edu/~aa63/