Today is the day - Yes, indeed! Glory to God for all things!

  • Basil Yakimov
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2007
      Dear Fathers, Brothers and Sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ!

      Forgive my "yelling" and I give no excuse... for I know I must be strong and the pain in my heart will not disappear if I continue to yell as loud as I can... Forgive me a sinner, unworthy as I am but please pray for me. My hurting heart wishes for a MIRACLE and that miracle would be for ROCA no to divide - not to have them and us!

      unworthy protodeacon Basil from Canberra

      PS..... second letter addressing the issues of ecumenism, now posted @ http://www.esphigmenou.com/ -

    • Ekaterina Andreev
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2007
        FR Basil:
        I realize you want this unia not to occur and are very passionate about it....but consider this....perhaps if your desire for a miracle has not occurred it is because you are going against the wishes of God. One of the hardest lessons I ever had to learn was that one should thank God for unanswered prayers. Unanswered because 1) your desire was not good for you and 2) your desire was not God's and since God knows better than we....well you get the gist.

        What we want is not always what must be. Give God a chance.

        Katya

        Basil Yakimov <byakimov@...> wrote:
        Dear Fathers, Brothers and Sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ!

        Forgive my "yelling" and I give no excuse... for I know I must be strong and the pain in my heart will not disappear if I continue to yell as loud as I can... Forgive me a sinner, unworthy as I am but please pray for me. My hurting heart wishes for a MIRACLE and that miracle would be for ROCA no to divide - not to have them and us!

        unworthy protodeacon Basil from Canberra

        PS..... second letter addressing the issues of ecumenism, now posted @ http://www.esphigmenou.com/ -

      • Elias G Gorsky
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2007
          Dear Katya,

          Very well said, indeed!

          Father Deacon,

          You are in my prayers! May you and those with you hear the voice God! That
          will truly be your awaited miracle which will keep all as one.

          Be with God,
          Archpriest Ilya Gorsky

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • interestedplus
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
            Dear Katya,

            To say that our prayers are not answered because we are asking for
            the wrong thing is a little simplistic. There are other reasons why
            God does not answer our prayers. We could not possibly say that when
            people asked for a war to stop, for all Bolshevics/other persecutors
            through the ages to become good, or many other things - requiring a
            miracle in our eyes, and God did not do as we asked - that it was
            God's way of saying that wars, deaths, persecution, natural
            disasters are therefore God's will! The Holy Fathers have dealt with
            this over the ages. God allows bad consequences of human actions,
            always with a purpose (promisl) that is often not discernable to
            humans, to save as many souls as possible.

            God allows outwardly bad things to happen, so that spiritually more
            people can be saved. What is happening in ROCOR is outwardly bad - a
            division, a schism. But there will also be good things that will
            come of it. Already many people that knew little and understood
            little about what the Church actualy was, know and understand more.
            All of us are asking ourselves where Truth lies, who we are willing
            to follow and what our personal reasons are for doing so. These are
            good things. Some people who have been very comfortable in this
            world with the status quo, who have not bothered seeing or hearing,
            have now opened their eyes and are now willing to take on a measure
            of martyrdom for Christ's sake. This is another good thing.

            A couple of weeks ago my 9 year old was crying all the way home from
            Liturgy, because we may be forced to leave "the church in which she
            was ALMOST born and in ALL her life". Is this sad? Yes. Is this
            God's will? I don't think so. But the conversation that followed
            was. We spoke about what is the Church. We spoke about Who it is
            important to stay True to. We spoke about being able to let go of
            worldly things, even if its hard. The end result? (Hopefully),
            spiritual growth and understanding.

            Often Our Lord answers prayers in very unexpected ways, with our
            Salvation as the ultimate goal.

            In the love of Christ our Lord,

            Alexandra
            On the day of the New Martyrs and Confessors of Russia, may they
            pray for us! May God have mercy on all of us at this difficult time.

            --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Ekaterina Andreev
            <ekaterina917@...> wrote:

            > FR Basil:
            > I realize you want this unia not to occur and are very
            passionate about it....but consider this....perhaps if your desire
            for a miracle has not occurred it is because you are going against
            the wishes of God. One of the hardest lessons I ever had to learn
            was that one should thank God for unanswered prayers. Unanswered
            because 1) your desire was not good for you and 2) your desire was
            not God's and since God knows better than we....well you get the
            gist.

            > What we want is not always what must be. Give God a chance.
            >
            > Katya
            >
            > Basil Yakimov <byakimov@...> wrote:
            > Dear Fathers, Brothers and Sisters in our Lord Jesus
            Christ!

            > Forgive my "yelling" and I give no excuse... for I know I must be
            strong and the pain in my heart will not disappear if I continue to
            yell as loud as I can... Forgive me a sinner, unworthy as I am but
            please pray for me. My hurting heart wishes for a MIRACLE and that
            miracle would be for ROCA no to divide - not to have them and us!

            > unworthy protodeacon Basil from Canberra
            >
            > PS..... second letter addressing the issues of ecumenism, now
            posted @ http://www.esphigmenou.com/ -

          • mary marczyk
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
              Alexandra,

              Thanks so much for this post- it puts ths struggle into perspective. I have felt really regretful that I had not been more vigilant about the "dialogue" occuring and thought it innocuous at first but sadly..dialogue became an action for union so quickly that it frightened me into a state of being "awake".

              I agree with you, this process has revived for many of us our struggle in faith and called us to not be so complacent and that we as individuals must take responsibility for protecting the TRUTH of our earthly lives.

              You are definately right, there are and will be good things that God sends us from this struggle and for that we should be thankful.

              Sincerely

              Mary

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
                Alexandra wrote:

                "God allows bad consequences of human actions,
                always with a purpose (promisl) that is often not discernable to
                humans, to save as many souls as possible."

                In "little simplistic" terms, it is God's will ... to allow ...

                Archpriest Ilya Gorsky

                <ekaterina917@...> wrote:

                > FR Basil:
                > I realize you want this unia not to occur and are very
                passionate about it....but consider this....perhaps if your desire
                for a miracle has not occurred it is because you are going against
                the wishes of God. One of the hardest lessons I ever had to learn
                was that one should thank God for unanswered prayers. Unanswered
                because 1) your desire was not good for you and 2) your desire was
                not God's and since God knows better than we....well you get the
                gist.

                > What we want is not always what must be. Give God a chance.
                >
                > Katya
                >
                > Basil Yakimov <byakimov@...> wrote:
                > Dear Fathers, Brothers and Sisters in our Lord Jesus
                Christ!

                > Forgive my "yelling" and I give no excuse... for I know I must be
                strong and the pain in my heart will not disappear if I continue to
                yell as loud as I can... Forgive me a sinner, unworthy as I am but
                please pray for me. My hurting heart wishes for a MIRACLE and that
                miracle would be for ROCA no to divide - not to have them and us!

                > unworthy protodeacon Basil from Canberra
                >
                > PS..... second letter addressing the issues of ecumenism, now
                posted @ http://www.esphigmenou.com/ -

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • DDD
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
                  On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 03:38:01 +1100 (EST), mary marczyk wrote:
                  �A couple of weeks ago my 9 year old was crying all the way home from
                  �Liturgy, because we may be forced to leave "the church in which she
                  �was ALMOST born and in ALL her life". Is this sad? Yes. Is this
                  �God's will? I don't think so. But the conversation that followed
                  �was. We spoke about what is the Church. We spoke about Who it is
                  �important to stay True to. We spoke about being able to let go of
                  �worldly things, even if its hard.

                  The Church is the visible Body of Christ. It is important to stay true to Him, and remaining IN His Body is how we do it. His Church is not "worldly things"--that is, it is not just a building. Your daughter is rightly sad--you are evidently contemplating leaving the Church.

                  And who is "forcing" you to leave? Your own opinions being put higher than the decisions of our Bishops?

                  Forgive me if I have misunderstood your post, but it sounds as though you are leaving the Russian Orthodox Church (Abroad). Please don't do this to your daughter--or yourself.

                  --Dimitra Dwelley
                • Carol
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
                    Please excuse me for giving my thoughts here, but I think we need 'faith'
                    God will not allow his church to be ruined in anyway. God's will is going to
                    be done. Now I have great concerns, that we will be infiltrated with
                    ecumenicalism , and wonder if a Mother Church could ever take our property,
                    Or close churches, and if all the infiltrateing that communism did to our
                    Mother Church is totally reerted back to original teachings, etc. But I am a
                    new convert,( two years) to Orthodoxy, anyway, and must have 'faith' and
                    pray about His will in it all, and not to act hastily and hope our Bishops
                    and all concerned, including, Our Emminence Metropolitan Laurus, and that
                    they do go slowly, and all works out as it should. Somehow God does come
                    through. Am still looking forward to my spiritual father who will be coming
                    soon to bless my house, and he was AT the meetings, and I want to know what
                    he thinks about it all.( will understand much more once I can ask the proper
                    person)We need to get information together from the correct sources, and
                    listen well, Pray, pray and pray some more,and let God do His work. That is
                    how I am handling this, anyway.

                    In Christ, Katherine