Will the name "ROCOR" change?

  • Michael Malloy
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2007
      I am only a convert and in no position to suggest anything. I have a
      question and hope for a suitable answer.

      Once the ink is dry and the two parts of the Russian Orthodox Church
      are united in faith, will the name ROCOR change to reflect a different
      status? I think I understand that the meaning of the name ROCOR will
      not in fact change - it will BE the Russian Orthodox Church, Outside
      of Russia...but no longer divided.

      But in practical use, what should members of the church call
      themselves after the official changes are made? Will it be fair to
      simply say "I am Russian Orthodox" and leave it at that?

      Reader Michael Malloy
      Columbus / Cincinnati OH
    • boulia_1
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2007
        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Malloy"
        <sputnikpsalomschchika@...> wrote:
        >> But in practical use, what should members of the church call
        > themselves after the official changes are made? Will it be fair to
        > simply say "I am Russian Orthodox" and leave it at that?

        But, dear Michael, this is what we have always said!!

        :-)

        Elizabeth
      • Michael Malloy
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2007
          Thank you, Elizabeth! I thought that was the real answer. You see, I
          obviously did not have the benefit of being raised in a Russian
          Orthodox home. My upbringing was anything but organized yet somehow I
          knew the true faith when I saw it!

          Michael

          --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "boulia_1" <eledkovsky@...> wrote:

          > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Malloy"
          > <sputnikpsalomschchika@> wrote:
          > >> But in practical use, what should members of the church call
          > > themselves after the official changes are made? Will it be fair to
          > > simply say "I am Russian Orthodox" and leave it at that?
          > >

          > But, dear Michael, this is what we have always said!!
          >
          > :-)
          >

          > Elizabeth

        • Dawn McCoy
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2007
            I haven't responded to much on this list, but today I'm asking for your help.
            My Grandmother was diagnosed with Colon CA today; this is terrible news for
            her and our family. She is a wonderful woman, who at 87 y/o is still
            going strong.
            Her name is Rena, please add her and our family to your prayers. My mother is
            extremely distressed about this, she lost her sister to this same
            disease one year ago.
            Please add a prayer for her also, her name is Lynda. Thank you all
            for your love and
            support.
            With love,
            DawnAnn
          • boulia_1
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3, 2007
              Dear DawnAnn,

              May God help your Grandmother and your family. He is merciful!

              In Christ's love,
              Elizabeth
            • DDD
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 3, 2007
                Dear DawnAnn,

                Your grandmother and mother are in my poor prayers. May God heal your grandmother and strengthen you and your mother!

                With love in Christ,
                Dimitra Dwelley

                On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 00:29:00 -0600, Dawn McCoy wrote:
                I haven't responded to much on this list, but today I'm asking for your help.
                My Grandmother was diagnosed with Colon CA today; this is terrible news for
                her and our family. She is a wonderful woman, who at 87 y/o is still
                going strong.
                Her name is Rena, please add her and our family to your prayers. My mother is
                extremely distressed about this, she lost her sister to this same
                disease one year ago.
                Please add a prayer for her also, her name is Lynda. Thank you all
                for your love and
                support.
                With love,
                DawnAnn
              • johnswensen12
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 3, 2007
                  Dear Dawn Ann,
                  I have been praying for your family for several years now but i
                  will now also pray for your mother Lynda and your grandmother Rena.
                  May God help you all!
                  Yours,
                  John Swensen

                  > On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 00:29:00 -0600, Dawn McCoy wrote:
                  > I haven't responded to much on this list, but today I'm asking for
                  your help.
                  > My Grandmother was diagnosed with Colon CA today; this is terrible
                  news for
                  > her and our family. She is a wonderful woman, who at 87 y/o is still
                  > going strong.
                  > Her name is Rena, please add her and our family to your prayers. My
                  mother is
                  > extremely distressed about this, she lost her sister to this same
                  > disease one year ago.
                  > Please add a prayer for her also, her name is Lynda. Thank you all
                  > for your love and
                  > support.
                  > With love,
                  > DawnAnn

                • Dawn McCoy
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 28, 2007
                    At 11:01 PM 02/03/2007, you wrote:
                    >Dear Dawn Ann,
                    > I have been praying for your family for several years now but i
                    >will now also pray for your mother Lynda and your grandmother Rena.
                    >May God help you all!
                    > Yours,
                    > John Swensen
                    >Just a short note to say Thank You for your prayers. She passed away
                    >on Saturday, we buried her on 2/14/06. My deepest regret was that
                    >she was not Orthodox. But I have to believe that Our Father has a
                    >special place for loved ones who never made the journey to the
                    >truth. Thank you.

                    Miss You,
                    DawnAnn