Re: ROCOR and Moscow Orthodox Mother Church joining together,

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <weaver32@...> wrote:

      > Am surprised that someone as yourself, would stoop so low as to correct (publically)
      >peoples spelling.

      JRS: Let me assure you I had no ill intent.

      Years ago, when I was in college and sometimes wrote letters in Russian to certain of our
      bishops, I sometimes got (quite kindly) corrections in their replies.

      As a result, I learned something each time.

      There is no shame in making a mistake, but now at least you know about "in other words".

      > AGAIN, I am not the same person who wrote BOTH , so YOU evidently are misinformed
      > on the person to be corrected, unless you were trying to answer TWO postings, at once?

      JRS: Why not? It's common enough practice on the internet.

      > I can accept criticism, do not mind at all, but this kind of criticism is not called for
      > on this PUBLIC site.

      JRS: Obviously you have not been on the internet long, or else you would have seen how
      people have attacked *me* over the years: and they can be a lot nastier than making
      grammatical corrections!

      > I will not bother to post here, to have spelling corrected, as to 'bring someone down'

      JRS: I was in no way trying to "bring you down".

      I was not even sure who had written "anotherwards".

      To be sure, people react to things in different ways.

      In this case, I think you are over-reacting.

    • Carol
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
        Thank you. Have been known to 'over-react' , on occassion. Sorry. Still learning to talk less, and listen more, in order to learn . A very good lesson.