Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: HOW HORRIBLE &TERRIBLE THAT ARCH. HILARION BOWS.. SOVIET MP

  • michael nikitin
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1 9:14 PM
      Protodeacon Basil is disliked by the unia mob. This problem is
      being caused by those for unia who do not want to waite for the
      MP to leave WCC and ecumenism.

      A poofta has different meanings. Another meaning is someone who
      has no backbone and does what he is told being afraid, even if
      it's against his religion. A kind of sissy in that respect.

      We don't know in what context Protodeacon Basil used this word.
      But maybe Fr.Michael Protopopov knows something we don't know?

      Michael N

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1 9:27 PM
        I don't doubt St. Joseph of Petrograd will be glorified as it is
        too obvious if he won't. He should have been the first one to be
        glorified. If only because they didn't glorify him immediately,
        Is it not obvious what the MP is all about?

        Michael N

        --- DDD <dimitradd@...> wrote:

        > On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 00:27:00 -0000, interestedplus wrote:
        > In accordance
        > with declarations by the leadership of the MP, ordinations of
        > Bishops and priests of ROCOR parishes on "MP's territory"
        > would be
        > considered invalid, which would place the clergy, in respect
        > to the
        > local authorities, in a position similar to that of sectarians
        > and
        > schismatics.
        > Ninth: Many of the New Martyrs canonized by ROCOR are not
        > accepted
        > and would not be recognized by the MP since they refused to
        > acknowledge the "Declaration" of Metr. Sergey for which they
        > were
        > martyred.
        >
        > I can't address all of your (or Soldatow's) letter now, and who
        > knows if ever for lack of time, but just glancing at these two
        > things for starters:
        >
        > Eight: It's my understanding that ROCOR clergy on "MP's
        > territory" are to choose or to come under a MP bishop/parish,
        > but remain clergy. However, I have no idea if that is correct
        > or not. Could a member of the clergy please answer this?
        >
        > Nine: Many? The only one I can think of is St. Joseph of
        > Petrograd, and even him--I saw him on a Moscow Patriarchate
        > calendar for 2006, his icon and his life. The MP HAS canonized
        > MANY New Martyrs who did not accept the Declaration of Metr.
        > Sergiy. I can't fathom where they're drawing the line --
        > anyone have info on this?
        >
        > --Dimitra Dwelley

        It's here! Your new message!