Re: [orthodox-synod] MP ecumenical attitude

  • antiquariu@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007
      In a message dated 1/4/2007 5:00:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      peter.bushunow@... writes:

      For their current meeting in Zagreb, Patriarch Alexy joins in ecumenical
      greetings
      " May this meeting strengthen you in your determination to make your journey
      a true pilgrimage and may it help you find good companions for the journey
      and to realize that God is with us and helps us." He doesn't mention anything
      about Orthodoxy being the true church, simply wishes the young people
      "realize that God is with us."

      Dear Peter!

      I know that you genuinely feel that your heart is in the right place, but I
      am not at all sure about your head. I read all of the greetings, and that's
      what they were, greetings, not liturgies, not even joint prayers, and found
      them to be very good, Christian sentiments, of the variety I would expect and
      appreciate from my priest or bishop as well. No where in the Gospels, or for
      that matter, any of the Church fathers, does it define Orthodoxy as being a
      manifestation of antagonistic and insensitive jerks. Certainly Christ never
      did that, and he even praised a Samaritan heretic. Why does everything have
      to be so negative? That frightens more people away from Orthodoxy than any
      positive greetings or prayers would.

      I'm all for the MP's "ecumenical attitude," if that's what you want to call
      it. You and your kind can continue to wallow in your bitterness and become
      what splinter groups always become -- irrelevant sects and historical
      footnotes.

      In Christ - hoping that he might warm your heart

      Vova H.