Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Does "Canonical Release" Equal Recognition?

  • DDD
    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 3, 2007
      On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 22:40:39 -0000, Athanasios Jayne wrote:
       He does not regard me as a "gentleman," because I publicly disclosed
       the fact that he receives members of the Orthodox Church of Greece
       by Chrismation, and so he is not likely to be inclined to grant any
       request coming from me.

       Athanasios.

      I'm interested why he is upset about this disclosure (and I do not understand OC's very well, either)... Is he afraid other OC's will think he is too lenient--that he should have *baptized* an already baptized Orthodox Christian from the Church of Greece? Or do they think he is too strict and should receive them only by Confession? (I am imagining all the Old Calendarists laughing at me here... or scoffing...)

      Dimitra
    • David-Constantine Wright
      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 5, 2007
        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "polychrony" <Polychrony@...>
        wrote:

        > How are Orthodox from anti-ecumenial (sic, ff.) jurisdictions
        > received into the pro-ecumenial jurisdictions? If by chrismation

        When I returned to the canonical Orthodox Church (Greek Archdiocese)
        from the Florinite Old Calendarist Milan Synod I was received by
        confession.

        In Christ Jesus Made Flesh,
        Rd. David-C

        Reader David-Constantine Wright
        constantinewright@...
        http://constans_wright.tripod.com
        "God became Human so that human beings could become gods."
        ---- St. Athanasius the Great, *On the Incarnation*