Re: Does "Canonical Release" Equal Recognition?

  • Athanasios Jayne
    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 3, 2007
      I had forgotten, but "Bishop Christodoulos,"
      in his announcement on the Indiana list,
      closed by saying that he welcomed Fr. Thomas
      and all his flock, which suggests that
      many, if not all, of his former ROCOR
      parishioners have left ROCOR along with him.

      I don't want to "cross-post" something
      I didn't write, so if you want to read
      this announcement yourself, you can access
      it in last week's Indiana list archives.

      I tried including a link address to the post
      here, but it was so long it would probably be
      broken-up and not work properly (can anyone
      help with this?).

      I have asked "Bishop Christodoulos" to
      post a copy of the claimed "canonical
      release" on their website, as he did for
      pictures of the "stunningly beautiful
      ediface" of the new parish building,
      but I doubt that he will do so (he might,
      however, if someone *else* would ask him).

      He does not regard me as a "gentleman,"
      because I publicly disclosed the fact that
      he receives members of the Orthodox Church
      of Greece by Chrismation, and so he is not
      likely to be inclined to grant any request
      coming from me.

      Athanasios.
    • David-Constantine Wright
      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 5, 2007
        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "polychrony" <Polychrony@...>
        wrote:

        > How are Orthodox from anti-ecumenial (sic, ff.) jurisdictions
        > received into the pro-ecumenial jurisdictions? If by chrismation

        When I returned to the canonical Orthodox Church (Greek Archdiocese)
        from the Florinite Old Calendarist Milan Synod I was received by
        confession.

        In Christ Jesus Made Flesh,
        Rd. David-C

        Reader David-Constantine Wright
        constantinewright@...
        http://constans_wright.tripod.com
        "God became Human so that human beings could become gods."
        ---- St. Athanasius the Great, *On the Incarnation*