Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Does "Canonical Release" Equal Recognition?

  • Seraphim Patterson
    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 3, 2007
      > However, if Bishop Christodoulos taught that his hierarchy was "the only remaining
      > Orthodox Church", he would hardly have bragged about the canonical release from
      > ROCOR!

      I have never gotten the impression that the Florenite Old Calendarists consider themselves to be the only Orthodox left in the world. The differences are subtle, but I believe most people consider them to be a little softer on some positions than the Matthewites. That said, I don't even think the Matthewites consider themselves to be the only Orthodox left in the world, though to be honest I cannot say who they do recognize. I believe they are agnostic on some groups, however, not saying one way or the other.

      Seraphim
    • David-Constantine Wright
      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 5, 2007
        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "polychrony" <Polychrony@...>
        wrote:

        > How are Orthodox from anti-ecumenial (sic, ff.) jurisdictions
        > received into the pro-ecumenial jurisdictions? If by chrismation

        When I returned to the canonical Orthodox Church (Greek Archdiocese)
        from the Florinite Old Calendarist Milan Synod I was received by
        confession.

        In Christ Jesus Made Flesh,
        Rd. David-C

        Reader David-Constantine Wright
        constantinewright@...
        http://constans_wright.tripod.com
        "God became Human so that human beings could become gods."
        ---- St. Athanasius the Great, *On the Incarnation*