Re: [orthodox-synod] "Holy Supper" on the Eve of Nativity at St. Nicholas in Stratford, CT

  • Aleksandra Thompson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
      God bless you and your parish on the upcoming feast!

      "(matushka) Ann Lardas" <matanna@...> wrote: It is our parish's tradition to have a pot luck Lenten "Holy Supper"
      after the first star comes out, at 5 p.m. before the beginning of the
      Nativity vigil. It occurs to me that many list members will be
      traveling I-95 or the Merit Parkway on Saturday and some of you may
      want to stop by. Anyone passing by is most heartily welcome to stop
      and eat with us. You may even want to stay for Vigil, which begins at
      6:30. St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church is off exit 31 of I-95,
      about three and a half hours from Boston and one and a half from NYC.
      We welcome pilgrims and visitors. Coming from the North going South,
      you turn right upon exiting I-95. Going North from the South, you go
      under the freeway. The church is in a little triangular island formed
      by Honeyspot Road, Old Honeyspot Road, and South Avenue. It is across
      the road from Town Fair Tires and the Habitat for Humanity "ReStore."

      If you take the Merit or Rte. 8, use Mapquest or Yahoo maps to find
      the best route. The church's address is One Honeyspot Road,
      Stratford, CT, 06615.

      To recap, the meal is at five p.m., followed by Vigil at 6:30.
      Usually people trickle in from work, but since the Eve of the Feast
      is a Saturday this year, most will be able to come on time.

      The Divine Liturgy for the Feast will begin at 10:00 a.m Sunday, and
      will be followed by a festive trapeza. We invite you all to come and
      stay for that, too.

      But wherever you will be keeping the feast, I wish you a joyous and
      blessed upcoming feast of our Lord's Nativity.

      In Christ,
      Matushka Ann Lardas

      Yahoo! Groups Links