[orthodox-synod] The Pope of Rome

  • Robert Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10 8:28 PM
      Probably if one has true Christian love, one should not ask Pope John Paul II  why he is making these apologies, especially at this time of year and at this time in church history.
      True Christian love would require one not to judge him for such disingenuous gestures.  Fr Andrew, the one in OH, also is wondering about the gestures and the timing.
      Being Orthodox, however, I am not required to be disarmed by these gestures, to decide that the Pope is a good fellow after all, and that he  wants us to 'just get along,'  Rather we should be more on our guard than ever against Papal incursions through the side door, like this one.
      My thought.

      Joseph M