[orthodox-synod] Al Gore's "favorite" verse tells much about him

  • Fr Seraphim Holland
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2000
      This was sent to me and I thought it would be interesting to you too.

      Subject: FW: Al Gore: Pay attention to what/who you quote!!!

      Original

      The Lord has a way of revealing those of us who really know him, and
      those that don't!!! Think about it!

      Al Gore gave a big speech this week about how his faith is so
      "important" to him. In this attempt to convince the American
      people that we should consider him for president, he
      announced that his favorite Bible verse is John 16:3.

      Of course the speech writer meant John 3:16, but nobody in
      the Gore camp was familiar enough with scripture to catch
      the error. And do you know what John 16:3 says?

      John 16:3
      "And they will do this because they have not known the Father nor Me"

      The Holy Spirit works in strange ways!!!

      =====
      Priest Seraphim Holland | seraphim@... PHONE: 972/529-2754
      CELL PHONE/PAGES: 214 336-3464 ADDR:2102 Summit, McKinney, TX 75070
      "Redeeming The Time" - a spiritual journal, Sermons, ROCOR directory
      Q&A about Orthodox topics, Confession, FAQs, Parish info,links, more
      --> http://www.orthodox.net> <--
      http://im.yahoo.com
    • Priest Mark Gilstrap
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17, 2000