Sad news from Bishop Gabriel

  • stephanlh
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2006
      Our ROCOR parish (not at our parish, but at our sister parish in
      Kanata) was informed last Saturday by Bishop Gabriel of Manhattan
      that the ROCOR synod is going to sign some sort of agreement called
      the act, to submitt to some sort of autonmous status under the mp.
      Apparently all the ROCOR demands such as the mp leaving the wcc have
      been dropped and the agreement is to be signed this December and
      full communion will be established at Pascha next year.

      For a while I was in total shock as I had no idea things were
      happening so quickly as the full synod in San Fransisco had advised
      against this very thing. It seems as if the bishops have gone
      against the wishes of the people.

      Now what is to be done? I can not go to an ecumenist church. I do
      not know if the majority or even a sizable minority of the
      parishioners wish to separate and we will most definitely have to
      leave our beautiful church behind and go to some sort of protestant
      hall. I know the true believers in Russia have had to suffer more,
      but we are not used to suffering here in Canada.

      All your prayers and thoughts are welcome...Stephan in Ottawa