Re: [orthodox-synod] +Met Vitaly + ??

  • Dziyana Minich
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006
      I was at the funeral.

      boulia_1 <eledkovsky@...> wrote: The Church world and its various fringe groups is strangely silent
      about poor Met. Vitaly, God rest his soul. I long worried what would
      happen when he died, who would bury him...?

      Anyone hear anything, read anything, see anything?

      --Elizabeth

      *** Dziyana Minich ***

    • johnswensen12
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006
        Please describe the funeral ceremony somewhat.

        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Dziyana Minich
        <dziyanaminich@...> wrote:

        > I was at the funeral.
        >
        > boulia_1 <eledkovsky@...> wrote: The Church world and its
        various fringe groups is strangely silent
        > about poor Met. Vitaly, God rest his soul. I long worried what would
        > happen when he died, who would bury him...?
        >
        > Anyone hear anything, read anything, see anything?
        >
        > --Elizabeth
        >

        > *** Dziyana Minich ***

      • boulia_1
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006
          Um, ok.

          The implied but not expressly stated request was for any inforamtion:
          who led the services? Who else served? Was there a 'zaupokonoya
          liturgia'? Did many attend? Who sang? What did they sing? Any
          information. This was a METROPOLITAN, and usually such events are
          recorded in detail for posterity...

          Elizabeth

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
            --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "boulia_1" <eledkovsky@...> wrote:

            > The implied but not expressly stated request was for any inforamtion:
            > who led the services? Who else served? Was there a 'zaupokonoya
            > liturgia'? Did many attend? Who sang? What did they sing? Any
            > information. This was a METROPOLITAN, and usually such events are
            > recorded in detail for posterity...

            JRS: Here's one link to some accounts (in Russian):

            http://langeron.livejournal.com/207029.html?view=925365#t925365
          • michael nikitin
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
              http://www.portal-credo.ru