Re: +Met Vitaly + ??

  • johnswensen12
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006
      He was buried in Mansonville in Canada. I assume the ROCIE group did
      the ceremonies involving the funeral. That is my understanding but i
      did not attend the funeral.
      John Swensen

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "boulia_1" <eledkovsky@...> wrote:

      > The Church world and its various fringe groups is strangely silent
      > about poor Met. Vitaly, God rest his soul. I long worried what would
      > happen when he died, who would bury him...?
      >
      > Anyone hear anything, read anything, see anything?
      >

      > --Elizabeth

    • Dziyana Minich

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006
          --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "boulia_1" <eledkovsky@...> wrote:

          > The Church world and its various fringe groups is strangely silent
          > about poor Met. Vitaly, God rest his soul. I long worried what would
          > happen when he died, who would bury him...?
          >
          > Anyone hear anything, read anything, see anything?

          JRS: Yes, he was buried by one of the ROCiE factions: the one supported by Ludmilla
          Rosnianskaya, of course, and now headed by a Bishop Vladimir.

          The other ROCiE jurisdiction, headed by Archbishop Anthony (Orlov), attended the Liturgy
          but left when the funeral began and did not return.

          From the descriptions I read, it sounds as if Archbishop Anthony Orlov did not even cross
          himself during Bishop Vladimir's service.

          There was a delegation from Jordanville that did attend, headed, it seems, by Archim. Flor.

          If that part of the story is accurate, then no doubt Fr. Flor has informed the Metropolitan
          of all that took place.

        • johnswensen12
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006
            Please describe the funeral ceremony somewhat.

            --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Dziyana Minich
            <dziyanaminich@...> wrote:

            > I was at the funeral.
            >
            > boulia_1 <eledkovsky@...> wrote: The Church world and its
            various fringe groups is strangely silent
            > about poor Met. Vitaly, God rest his soul. I long worried what would
            > happen when he died, who would bury him...?
            >
            > Anyone hear anything, read anything, see anything?
            >
            > --Elizabeth
            >

            > *** Dziyana Minich ***

          • boulia_1
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006
              Um, ok.

              The implied but not expressly stated request was for any inforamtion:
              who led the services? Who else served? Was there a 'zaupokonoya
              liturgia'? Did many attend? Who sang? What did they sing? Any
              information. This was a METROPOLITAN, and usually such events are
              recorded in detail for posterity...

              Elizabeth

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
                --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "boulia_1" <eledkovsky@...> wrote:

                > The implied but not expressly stated request was for any inforamtion:
                > who led the services? Who else served? Was there a 'zaupokonoya
                > liturgia'? Did many attend? Who sang? What did they sing? Any
                > information. This was a METROPOLITAN, and usually such events are
                > recorded in detail for posterity...

                JRS: Here's one link to some accounts (in Russian):

                http://langeron.livejournal.com/207029.html?view=925365#t925365
              • michael nikitin
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
                  http://www.portal-credo.ru