+Met Vitaly + ??

  • boulia_1
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006
      The Church world and its various fringe groups is strangely silent
      about poor Met. Vitaly, God rest his soul. I long worried what would
      happen when he died, who would bury him...?

      Anyone hear anything, read anything, see anything?

      --Elizabeth
    • johnswensen12
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006
        He was buried in Mansonville in Canada. I assume the ROCIE group did
        the ceremonies involving the funeral. That is my understanding but i
        did not attend the funeral.
        John Swensen

        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "boulia_1" <eledkovsky@...> wrote:

        > The Church world and its various fringe groups is strangely silent
        > about poor Met. Vitaly, God rest his soul. I long worried what would
        > happen when he died, who would bury him...?
        >
        > Anyone hear anything, read anything, see anything?
        >

        > --Elizabeth

      • Dziyana Minich

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006
            --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "boulia_1" <eledkovsky@...> wrote:

            > The Church world and its various fringe groups is strangely silent
            > about poor Met. Vitaly, God rest his soul. I long worried what would
            > happen when he died, who would bury him...?
            >
            > Anyone hear anything, read anything, see anything?

            JRS: Yes, he was buried by one of the ROCiE factions: the one supported by Ludmilla
            Rosnianskaya, of course, and now headed by a Bishop Vladimir.

            The other ROCiE jurisdiction, headed by Archbishop Anthony (Orlov), attended the Liturgy
            but left when the funeral began and did not return.

            From the descriptions I read, it sounds as if Archbishop Anthony Orlov did not even cross
            himself during Bishop Vladimir's service.

            There was a delegation from Jordanville that did attend, headed, it seems, by Archim. Flor.

            If that part of the story is accurate, then no doubt Fr. Flor has informed the Metropolitan
            of all that took place.

          • johnswensen12
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006
              Please describe the funeral ceremony somewhat.

              --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Dziyana Minich
              <dziyanaminich@...> wrote:

              > I was at the funeral.
              >
              > boulia_1 <eledkovsky@...> wrote: The Church world and its
              various fringe groups is strangely silent
              > about poor Met. Vitaly, God rest his soul. I long worried what would
              > happen when he died, who would bury him...?
              >
              > Anyone hear anything, read anything, see anything?
              >
              > --Elizabeth
              >

              > *** Dziyana Minich ***

            • boulia_1
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006
                Um, ok.

                The implied but not expressly stated request was for any inforamtion:
                who led the services? Who else served? Was there a 'zaupokonoya
                liturgia'? Did many attend? Who sang? What did they sing? Any
                information. This was a METROPOLITAN, and usually such events are
                recorded in detail for posterity...

                Elizabeth

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
                  --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "boulia_1" <eledkovsky@...> wrote:

                  > The implied but not expressly stated request was for any inforamtion:
                  > who led the services? Who else served? Was there a 'zaupokonoya
                  > liturgia'? Did many attend? Who sang? What did they sing? Any
                  > information. This was a METROPOLITAN, and usually such events are
                  > recorded in detail for posterity...

                  JRS: Here's one link to some accounts (in Russian):

                  http://langeron.livejournal.com/207029.html?view=925365#t925365
                • michael nikitin
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
                    http://www.portal-credo.ru