Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Greetings with the Feast, *Without* Bitterness

  • michael nikitin
    Message 1 of 52 , Sep 30, 2006
      Fr.John Shaw wrote:
      "But there was clearly a general feeling of joy as the Sobor closed"

      I was told the feeling was more of a relief and uncertainty of what will happen next.

      What is certain about the meeting is there was a general feeling of unsatisfaction on the
      part of those who want to waite until the MP will leave the WCC, ecumenism and Sergianism.
      This stipulation that the bishops once gave the MP is being swept under the rug and will not
      be honored and our bishops don't care. If they did, they would waite and not cause another
      schism in ROCOR like they already caused, whether unwittingly or not.

      Michael N

      Message 52 of 52 , Oct 6, 2006
        GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST GLORY TO HIM FOREVER
        Dear George,
        Thank you for the very thoughtful and carefully
        thought out reply. My wife and I were talking about
        this same subject today, and we remembered that the
        priest at the Church that we attended for over 20 year
        was a wonderful holy man (he is the priest that
        Chrismated our family into the Orthodox Church from
        the Byzantine Rite Catholic Church. He passed away
        last month and we went to his funeral. We remembered
        today in talking, that his Matushka (Kathleen) never
        wore a scarf or hat and quite often wore slacks to
        Church, yet she was probably one of the best priests
        wives ever. I never encountered this clothing
        "problem" until we began attending the local ROCOR
        parish in Atlantic Mine. Then on this and other
        groupes it was heavily debated. To me it is spending
        energy on something that could be spent on something
        else. I guess,if you want to enforce a dress code,
        that is your choice, but don't be surprised if you
        have nearly empty churches.
        I wish all of the Churches that fret about what to
        wear, all the best. I have other things to worry
        about.
        The same for all of the old calendar churches in the
        US. If you can get the other jurisdictions to go back,
        great. I'll be a happy man. If not, good luck in
        spreading the good news of Orthodoxy.
        Love in Christ,
        Sub-deacon Lawrence Most

        http://mail.yahoo.com