[orthodox-synod] Re: Anathema/Ecumenism

  • Rev. John R. Shaw
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 1999
      I am afraid, dear Lady, that since I have been sharing my own memories,
      experiences, and conversations with hierarchs, it would be rather hard to
      fit them out with literary footnotes. I could of course do some research,
      but that would take up time needed for other matters, and I doubt it would
      make any difference to you even if I did.
      You are quite right that we ought not to engage in mere gossip;
      however, if someone were spreading misinformation (let alone
      *dis-*information) about you and your family, I doubt you would accuse
      those who tried to make the truth heard, of vain and empty talk.
      But as for the criteria you quote about "great and little minds",
      you might find it profitable to look back over your own postings of the
      previous months and compare them with this standard.