Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: ROCOR Synod OKs 'Act on Canonical Communion' With ROC-MP

  • P.G. Sheldon
    Message 1 of 61 , Sep 8, 2006
      Pardon: "relapled" is not a quaint Britishism but a slip of the key:
      "replaced", of course, Bp. Peter being a vicar bishop. PS

      On 08/09/06, P.G. Sheldon <pg.sheldon@...> wrote:
      > On 08/09/06, Subdeacon John <rdrjohn2000@...> wrote:
      > > Vl. Gabriel's signature is not on announcement (Russian or Engilsh
      > > version) located at the synods website, yet he attended the meeting
      > > of the lesser synod; he is shown in photographs.
      >
      > Bp Gabriel's signature appeared in facsimile along with others; but it
      > read "I do not agree with this document. Bishop Gabriel". It was put
      > on the official site of the Church Abroad, and was promptly removed an
      > hour later. It can be viewed, however, in many places, e.g.
      > http://guest-2.livejournal.com/127790.html#cutid1.
      >
      > Bpp Peter and Michael are not, I underwstand, current members of the
      > Synod sessions and thus have, I think, an advisory vote. Bp. Peter
      > relapled Archbp. Ilarion, who was supposed to be in New York, but
      > declined and sent a note that he would not sign the document. A
      > metropolitan has two votes, however.
      >
      > P.G. Sheldon

    • larry most
      Message 61 of 61 , Sep 23, 2006
        GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST GLORY TO HIM FOREVER
        DEar Michael,
        With all due respect, Michael, YOU ARE GOOFY.
        If you go to a new calendar church then KEEP THOSE
        FASTS on THAT calendar. If you go to an old calendar
        parish, then keep the fasts on THAT calendar. You
        cannot mix the two and you should know that. Also, how
        can you condemn those who are on a different calendar
        than you? Does heaven have a set calendar? Maybe you
        know more than we do. And while I'm at it, why are you
        fasting in the first place? Is it to follow the rules
        (remember the Phraisees?) or is it to bring you closer
        to Christ? Sometimes I wonder about some of your
        postings, especially to clergy.
        Love in Christ,
        Sub-deacon Lawrence Most
        PS Try not to develop an ulcer over this

        http://mail.yahoo.com