[Orthodox-Forum] Re: ROCOR Synod OKs 'Act on Canonical Communion' With ROC-MP

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2006
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, David-Constantine Wright
      <constantinewright@...> wrote:

      > > I have the original PDF file with the original signed document -- in
      > > Russian-- which is no longer available on ROCOR's website. It is
      > > signed by 6 bishops, not 5, as in the "official version".
      >
      > And now the Synod announcement has undergone another change... Bishop
      > Gabriel's name now appears on the typed version, though without his
      > note.

      JRS: You are confusing the Synodal resolution with the Epistle to the God-loving Flock,
      both of which appear on the ROCOR website.

      The resolution on the Act still does not have Bp. Gabriel's signature, but the Epistle does.

      Earlier, the Epistle only had the signature of Metropolitan Laurus, and a note that there
      were signatures of the bishops. Now their signatures are shown.

    • David-Constantine Wright
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9, 2006
        <vrevjrs@...> wrote:

        >> And now the Synod announcement has undergone another change...
        >> Bishop Gabriel's name now appears on the typed version, though
        without his

        >JRS: You are confusing the Synodal resolution with the Epistle to
        >the God-loving Flock, both of which appear on the ROCOR website.

        No, I was not confusing the two. For a brief time the typed version
        of the Resolution was changed to include Bp. Gabriel's name as a
        signatory, immediately above that of Bishop Peter. Now it has been
        changed back. (I wish I had downloaded the page!)

        In Christ,
        Rd. D-C

        | Reader David-Constantine Wright constantinewright@... |
        | Personal Website: http://constans_wright.tripod.com |
        | "God became Human so that humans could become gods." |
        | St. Athanasius the Great, *On the Incarnation* |
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 10, 2006
          <constantinewright@...> wrote:

          > No, I was not confusing the two. For a brief time the typed version
          > of the Resolution was changed to include Bp. Gabriel's name as a
          > signatory, immediately above that of Bishop Peter. Now it has been
          > changed back. (I wish I had downloaded the page!)

          JRS: Editors can make mistakes, too.