Holy Trinity Monastery

  • airthrey_12
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2006
      I visited Jordanville last month and want to find a written history of
      the monastery....in English. Can someone who reads this offer a
      website or other?

      Bill
      Christ The Saviour,
      London, Canada
    • akomendantov
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 7, 2006
        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "airthrey_12" <airthrey@...>
        wrote:

        > I visited Jordanville last month and want to find a written history of
        > the monastery....in English. Can someone who reads this offer a
        > website or other?
        >
        > Bill
        > Christ The Saviour,
        > London, Canada

        The monastery has a website with an English language section:

        www.jordanville.org

        The History part is unfortunately all too brief, but the fotos and the
        various essays on monastery life are a good complement to it.

        In conjunction with last year's 75th jubilee the monastery published a
        bilingual history, which I'm sure is still available at their bookstore
        (but not online as far as I know). Hope this helps.

        Andrew Komendantov
      • (matushka) Ann Lardas
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7, 2006
          wrote:

          > I visited Jordanville last month and want to find a written history of
          > the monastery....in English. Can someone who reads this offer a
          > website or other?
          >
          > Bill
          > Christ The Saviour,
          > London, Canada

          Dear Bill,

          I don't know about a web site with the monastery's history, but they do
          have a book about it for sale. The Seminary has its own new web site,
          really nicely done:

          http://www.hts.edu/

          with a history of the seminary on it:

          http://www.hts.edu/seminary/history.html

          Hope this helps!

          In Christ,
          Matushka Ann Lardas
        • paul kulesha
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 7, 2006
            www.jordanville.org

            "(matushka) Ann Lardas" <matanna@...> wrote: --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "airthrey_12" <airthrey@...>
            wrote:

            > I visited Jordanville last month and want to find a written history of
            > the monastery....in English. Can someone who reads this offer a
            > website or other?
            >
            > Bill
            > Christ The Saviour,
            > London, Canada

            Dear Bill,

            I don't know about a web site with the monastery's history, but they do
            have a book about it for sale. The Seminary has its own new web site,
            really nicely done:

            http://www.hts.edu/

            with a history of the seminary on it:

            http://www.hts.edu/seminary/history.html

            Hope this helps!

            In Christ,
            Matushka Ann Lardas

          • Bill
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 7, 2006
              Dear Matushka,
              Thankyou, I've looked a the brilliant seminary site and found it to be
              helpful. I took some video of the seminary and monastery during my visit
              last August and want to include some history of the place as I put
              together my video record of our visit to Jordanville. Thanks again.

              Bill
              www.rocorlondon.org <http://www.rocorlondon.org/index.html>