Re: [orthodox-synod] Repose of Father Neil Connaught

  • Abbot Ioann
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
      Dear in Christ Fr. German,

      Thank you for writing about Fr. Neil. I did not know that he was paralyzed
      and bed-ridden for the past 5 years. I remember meeting him in Mahopac
      before he became Orthodox. I was impressed by his kindness and
      knowledge.

      If you have time, write me more about him, and how he handled difficulties
      of refractory parishioners.

      A major part of my pastoral life I had to deal with difficult parishioners and
      unpleasant council meetings and lack of episcopal support and concern.
      Thank God now I don't have the former but just the latter. Still, I wonder
      how priests deal with such situations because it adds to one's knowledge
      and depth of understanding.

      In Christ,

      Abbot Ioann
      Mpls MN