Re: FORTY EXCUSES FOR NOT JOINING THE ORTHODOX CHURCH

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2006
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Basil Yakimov <byakimov@...> wrote:

      > FORTY EXCUSES FOR NOT JOINING THE ORTHODOX CHURCH (
      > http://www.orthodoxengland.org.uk/)

      > Why do so few people of contemporary Western culture join the Orthodox
      > Church? Before we attempt to answer this question, we would like to

      JRS: Actually, the answer to this question is very simple, and very short: the reason (not
      the excuse) is ignorance.

      People of Western background do not join the Orthodox Church, because they do not
      understand what it is.

      People of Orthodox background drift away from the Church, because they do not
      understand what it is.

      To me, that explains everything.