[orthodox-synod] Re: Auschwitz

  • John Hoyle
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 7, 2000
      Is it fair to assume that the first case of religious genocide in this
      century occurred, not to the Jews of eastern Europe, but to the Armenian
      Christians of Turkey? Also, can anyone tell me if those martyrs were also
      Orthodox, like the bulk of religious martyrs under Communism?
    • PWRBarrett@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 7, 2000
        In a message dated 2/7/2000 2:13:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        malloy.2@... writes:

        << I think William Jefferson Clinton FAILED any history courses he took!

        Don't forget the Serbs and their holy places let alone the theft of
        their own country by NATO last year. >>

        I doubt whether he actually failed any courses in school; he's done
        far worse than that -- failed in real life. Don't forget that our
        immoral and illegal occupation of Yugoslavia continues, and that
        over 700 Serbs and Montenegrins have been killed since the
        "peacekeepers" arrived.

        What a travesty.

        Love,

        Patrick
      • Joseph Digrande
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 7, 2000
          The Armenians are not Orthodox. In Papadakis's book-
          the Christian East and the Rise of the Papacy he
          traces an interesting dialogue during the time period
          1071-1453 when they almost worked out their
          differences with the Orthodox. They occupy pretty much
          the same position vis a vis the Orthodox that the
          Coptic Church does although the details are different.

          http://click.egroups.com/1/1160/3/_/4386/_/949961877/

          http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=orthodox-synod&m=1

          http://im.yahoo.com
        • LJames6034@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 7, 2000
            It was Santayana who said: "Those who forget history are doomed to repeat
            it."

            Or, in a less profound saying (something from a new movie, Cider House
            Rules): "We may be through with the past, but it sure ain't through with us."

            ALJJ+