[orthodox-synod] Re: Auschwitz

  • Michael Malloy
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 7, 2000
      pwrbarret-@... wrote: (in part) ;

      > Who was it who said, "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat
      it"?

      I think William Jefferson Clinton FAILED any history courses he took!

      Don't forget the Serbs and their holy places let alone the theft of
      their own country by NATO last year.
    • John Hoyle
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 7, 2000
        Is it fair to assume that the first case of religious genocide in this
        century occurred, not to the Jews of eastern Europe, but to the Armenian
        Christians of Turkey? Also, can anyone tell me if those martyrs were also
        Orthodox, like the bulk of religious martyrs under Communism?
      • PWRBarrett@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 7, 2000
          In a message dated 2/7/2000 2:13:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          malloy.2@... writes:

          << I think William Jefferson Clinton FAILED any history courses he took!

          Don't forget the Serbs and their holy places let alone the theft of
          their own country by NATO last year. >>

          I doubt whether he actually failed any courses in school; he's done
          far worse than that -- failed in real life. Don't forget that our
          immoral and illegal occupation of Yugoslavia continues, and that
          over 700 Serbs and Montenegrins have been killed since the
          "peacekeepers" arrived.

          What a travesty.

          Love,

          Patrick
        • Joseph Digrande
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 7, 2000
            The Armenians are not Orthodox. In Papadakis's book-
            the Christian East and the Rise of the Papacy he
            traces an interesting dialogue during the time period
            1071-1453 when they almost worked out their
            differences with the Orthodox. They occupy pretty much
            the same position vis a vis the Orthodox that the
            Coptic Church does although the details are different.

            http://click.egroups.com/1/1160/3/_/4386/_/949961877/

            http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=orthodox-synod&m=1

            http://im.yahoo.com
          • LJames6034@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 7, 2000
              It was Santayana who said: "Those who forget history are doomed to repeat
              it."

              Or, in a less profound saying (something from a new movie, Cider House
              Rules): "We may be through with the past, but it sure ain't through with us."

              ALJJ+