Re: South America Appeals Again to Synod

  • interestedplus
    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 8, 2006
      Dear Father Victor,

      "Our so-called rocor diocese there in not significant" - please
      forgive me, but I thought all Christian souls are of significance to
      the One that calls them......

      Of course all our Bishops supported the reconciliation of the
      Russian Church - so do all parishioners - the question is HOW and
      WHEN. And on this there is no sobornost at present.

      Our Lord is a harvester of souls - not glorious ceremonies and rosey
      feelings that strength in numbers may give to some. To a Christian
      the sense of belonging is with Christ and the Eternal Church, and to
      remain with Him is the concern of those passionate on this issue.

      May His will be done.

      Our duty is to pray for our clergy and Heirarchs. May God strengthen
      all of us in His ways.

      In Christ,

      Alex

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, frvictor@... wrote:

      > One other point, Father. Before the Sobor, every ruling bishop
      outside of the former Soviet Union supported the reconciliation of
      the Russian Church. Now, after the Sobor, not only every ruling
      bishop outside of the the former Soviet Union, but our bishop in
      Russia as well (!!) supports this. I strongly suggest those
      concerned to read Bishop Evtikhi's epistile.

      > As for the diocese in the Ukraine, well, that region doesn't seem
      to be rather supportive of unification of any kind. There are so
      many branches and schismatic groups in the Ukraine, our so-called
      rocor diocese there in not significant.

      > Clearly the is a unity of mind on this issue among the ruling
      diocesan bishops.

      > In Christ,
      > Priest Victor Boldewskul
      > From: "Fr. John R. Shaw" <vrevjrs@...>
      >
      > > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "P.G. Sheldon" wrote:
      > > >
      > > > " Our bishops have spoken over and over again, what further
      > > > statements are they going to make to these people, who are not
      > > > listening to begin with?"
      > >
      > > > The above phrase presumes, once again and once again clean
      wrongly,
      > > > that there is a consensus among our bishops. In fact, there is
      nothing
      > > > of the sort, rather a disagreement.
      > > > See, for instance, the latest statement by Bp. Daniel, in a
      video, no
      > > > less (http://www.listok.com/raznoe30.htm) in which he appears
      to call
      > > > "a union with the Moscow Patriarchy treasonable and suicidal".
      > >
      > > JRS: But there is indeed a consensus among our bishops. Bishop
      Daniel did sign

    • frvictor@comcast.net
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 9, 2006
        Dear Mr. N,
        I find you post to be rather amazing for several reasons, and I am not going to waste any time in this public forum explaining why. I will say, though, that how you falsly conclude that I took Holy Communion while in Russia is beyond words.

        If you have any questions about my studies while I was in the Soviet Union in 1989, please write to me privately. You can even make a visit to Boston and I will show you my pictures.

        In Christ,
        Priest Victor Boldewskul

        From: michael nikitin <nikitinmike@...>