Privacy and ostriches

  • malcolm robertson
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 27, 2006
      Dear Vova,

      Thank you for the correction. I now see I wrote ostrach(a) (broken potsherds upon which biblical texts are found as well as other things - papyri being somewhat expensive you know) instead of "ostriches." My bad. Thanks again for the correction.

      Nevertheless, in spite of your eloquent portrayal of why nature behaves as it does the lion was already upon the "ostrich" and the event unfolded just as I said it did.

      Needless to say I don't share your view of Michael W.'s perspective on things as "stupid" - but the cited poet's verse is well heeded by me. It was Plato who said "the wise man is he who knows that he does'nt know."

      Because He lives,

      Malcolm
      _________________________

      Privacy and ostriches

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, malcolm robertson
      <mjriii2003@...> wrote:

      > Dear Vassa Meister,
      >
      > Have you ever seen an ostrach with it's head buried in the sand?
      I have - even while a lion was gnawing at it's hind quarters. The
      lion eventually severed the neck of the ostrach from it's torso. But
      guess what! The ostrach took off, but unfortunately it did'nt get
      very far.

      > Do you get my drift?
      >
      > Because He lives,
      >
      > Malcolm

      Dear in Christ Vassa, Malcolm!

      A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. I think it's a bit
      disingenuous to be soooo protective of one's privacy while at the
      same time remaining shrouded in secrecy one's self. Most of
      Michael's assaults are just plain stupid, lawyer or not "How do I
      know you are really Father J.?" That pretty much justifies any
      identity-related query one could hope to make.

      And now for you, Malcolm: I have never seen as "ostrach" (big flight-
      less bird, or Jewish violinist?) bury its head in the sand. As a
      matter of fact, I'm not sure where you would have either, because
      they don't do that. And yes, I've seen them in the wild and in
      zoos. What ostriches will do is when not sure of the approach of
      danger, they will place their head next to the ground to try to hear
      the direction from which a threat might come. They also assume this
      position when ingesting gravel and pebbles for their gizzards. Since
      the average ostrich lives 40-70 years in the wild, it doesn't really
      sound like anything but an extremely stupid one would do the behavior
      you claim to have seen. For you edification, the cited behavior,
      despite existing in many an internt rumor mill, has NEVER been
      observed.

      In Christ,

      Vova H.
      Marshall, Virginia