Mother Seraphima (formerly of Texas)

  • Fr. Anthony Nelson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2006
      I want to pass on the following information regarding Mother
      Seraphima, whom many readers likely remember or know. For a number of
      years she was a sort of fixture at the bookstore at Blanco, TX.,
      answering the telephone and making prayer-ropes in spite of her many
      physical difficulties including cerebral palsy which increasingly
      handicapped her.

      A little over a year ago - with help from the Texas Department of
      Human Services, the Social Security Administration, her family, and
      friends - she was finally able to leave Texas permanently and now
      resides in a rehabilitation/extended-care facility in another state.

      In many ways her health is greatly improved because of the care she
      has been receiving, though she still has some needs for her spiritual care.

      Anyone who would like to know more about her current situation,
      physical and/or spiritual, is welcome to write to me off-list. Please
      forward this to others whom you may believe might be interested also.

      Fr. Anthony

      Fr. Anthony Nelson
      St. Benedict Russian Orthodox Church
      Oklahoma City, OK USA 405-672-1441