Re: [orthodox-rocor] Re: [orthodox-synod] "Enemies of the Church" lists

  • CW
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2006
      Shame on her. She should have written, "Fr. Anthony ??vich, woops, you didn't give that did you?"

      How does that go now? By what measure you mete it out by such measure it shall be meted unto you.
      It's interesting how Roman mentality has crept into Orthodoxy. A proper move in chess would be to attack in a different direction if your opponent is too close however, it's difficult to do when both bishops are inoperative.

      A matter of interest is the fact a previous bishop of the Serbian Orthodox Church in America became quite a womanizer. He was defrocked however, a local congregation in Columbus, Ohio kept him as their bishop creating a division which might include priests who would be considered enemies of the church. They have become Macedonian Orthodox.

      There was at a time in Columbus' West side (I believe it was on Mound Street) a self appointed bishop who gave me a tour of his (church?) The church name was used to promote bingo. There was also a (church?) on the East side of Columbus (South Hamilton Road, South of Broad) used for the same purpose. These clearly would be considered enemies of the church.

      Jéan-Claude Williams, GOA
      Columbus, Ohio