NZ NEW CHURCH BUILDING APPEAL.........

  • Basil Yakimov
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2006
      We are a parish of the Australian and New Zealand Diocese of the Russian
      Orthodox Church Abroad, striving to maintain our spiritual and cultural
      heritage as Russian Orthodox Christians and fulfill the commandment of our
      Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ: "Go into all the world and preach the Gospel
      to every creature." (Mark 16:15) (http://www.orthodox.net.nz/)

      The Church of the Resurrection of Christ has been located in the Auckland
      suburb of Balmoral for over 50 years now. Although the church initially
      served the needs of the first wave of Russian immigrants to New Zealand
      (Displaced Persons from Europe and refugees from China) in the middle of
      last century, it is currently too small to offer spiritual retreat to
      Auckland's estimated 5,000 recent Russian emigres.

      A project for a new church building is currently being developed. As soon
      as we have a model of the proposed church we will post it on this site with
      information on how you too can help us realise our goal of providing a
      spiritual haven for all Orthodox Christians living in Auckland and
      throughout New Zealand. (View new Church here please
      http://www.orthodox.net.nz/newchurch.html)

      We hope that your visit to our site will be spiritually rewarding and that
      you will visit it often. If you have any questions or queries about any
      subject relating to our church life here in Auckland or in New Zealand in
      general, please email Father Vladimir. (frvlad@...)