Re: [orthodox-synod] what Prayer book do you use

  • Fr David Straut
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 16, 2006
      Personally, I use the first three in my personal prayers - in the descending order you have given.

      I am very familiar with Fr Seraphim Nassar's Divine Prayers and Services, having used it constantly in the church services for sixteen years while I was in the Antiochian Archdiocese. It is very useful for church, but I hadn't thought of using it at home as a prayer book.

      Priest David Straut

      Gilbert Gamboa <text164@...> wrote: Just curious what prayer books people use out there...
      1..There is the Jordanville one
      2..the old believers one
      3..the HTM one(greek style)
      4..the nassar one from (Fr.Seraphim Nassar-antioch)

      and probally more, but for me I like number 2 and number 4....

      "(matushka) Ann Lardas" wrote:
      First, that it's a fast-free week,

      Second, because the Apostles' Fast begins on Monday,

      Thirdly that the Massachusetts parishes of Holy Epiphany in Boston
      and St. Xenia in Methuen are sponsoring their annual "Lilac Nights
      Ball" on the upcoming fast-free Friday,

      and Fourthly, that anyone going to the Ball from points South
      (Washington, New York, New Jersey) should definitely stop by our
      Russian Festival at St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church in Stratford
      on the way home. We are off exit 31 of I-95. Going South, turn right
      at the end of the off ramp, going North, turn left. The church is in
      a little island formed where three streets leave a triangle,
      Honeyspot Road, Old Honeyspot Road, and South Avenue.

      The festival is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, June 17, and is a
      great place to buy a Father's Day present for the next day, because

      Five, Father's Day is this coming Sunday, in America anyway.

      Y'all pray for us.
      Love,
      Matushka Ann Lardas

      Yahoo! Groups Links