Re: [orthodox-synod] Off topic, New mexico property for sale

  • Gilbert Gamboa
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 3, 2006
      We(family) also have some property for sale in Cloudcroft ,New Mexico...I know Cloudcroft ? sometimes strange things are done and later realise it coulbe be benefiting for maybe a small skete as its in the middle of nowhere

      matanna@... wrote:
      Sometimes I come across things that are just interesting.
      There's a bed and breakfast for sale near Jordanville.
      I don't know the people, I found it while reading an article about historic
      properties and the dangers and advantages of restoring them. But every once in
      a while someone is looking for land near the monastery, and this is an
      already existing business. It costs $299,000.

      _http://historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=Neher004_
      (http://historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=Neher004)

      _http://historicproperties.com/more.asp?listing_id=neher004_
      (http://historicproperties.com/more.asp?listing_id=neher004)

      The site also had two other, more expensive properties listed.

      _http://historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=neher002_
      (http://historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=neher002)

      The site itself, HistoricProperties.com, is of interest because it features
      homes for $1, though none near us.

      Jewish orthodox Orthodox Orthodox church Greek orthodox church

    • Aleksandra Thompson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 13, 2006
        I have been to it. I think it is called O Be Joyful . We stayed one night while at Jordanville over American Christmas. The breakfast was all lenten, although those who ran it were not Orthodox. I wonder why they are selling it?

        matanna@... wrote:
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • cantor71
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 14, 2006
          I think O Be Joyful is a different place - the one listed for sale
          is in Herkimer, while the one you mention was in Jordanville. It
          seems OBJ has been closed a while, though.

          George
          Toronto

          --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Aleksandra Thompson

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 14, 2006
            I went on a search under o be joyful and it came up as sold also

            cantor71 <gskok@...> wrote: I think O Be Joyful is a different place - the one listed for sale

            wrote:

            > I have been to it. I think it is called O Be Joyful . We stayed
            one night while at Jordanville over American Christmas. The
            breakfast was all lenten, although those who ran it were not
            Orthodox. I wonder why they are selling it?

            > matanna@... wrote:
            > Sometimes I come across things that are just interesting.
            > There's a bed and breakfast for sale near Jordanville.
            > I don't know the people, I found it while reading an article about
            historic
            > properties and the dangers and advantages of restoring them. But
            every once in
            > a while someone is looking for land near the monastery, and this
            is an
            > already existing business. It costs $299,000.
            >

            > _http://historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=Neher004_
            > (http://historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=Neher004)

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • The Marquardts
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 14, 2006
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 15, 2006
                Where did she go? When we stayed there she said she ran the b and b plus did substiutue teaching.

                >I went on a search under o be joyful and it came up as sold also

                Not exactly. Mary Ann (who used to run it) has left and it's now run by her
                sister-in-law under the new name of "Higher Ground Bed and Breakfast"

                -John

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • J Marquardt
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 15, 2006
                  --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Aleksandra Thompson
                  <aleksandrasamuelevna@...> wrote:

                  > Where did she go? When we stayed there she said she ran the b and b
                  plus did substiutue teaching.

                  Last we heard from her she was in Oregon pursuing work as a librarian.
                  If you're interested in contacting her, e-mail me privately.

                  -John
                • Aleksandra Thompson
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 15, 2006
                    That's ok , I was just curious. I don't think she would remember us anyway.

                    J Marquardt <TheMarquardts@...> wrote: --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Aleksandra Thompson