Hatred in Orthodoxy

  • Ekaterina Andreev
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      Someone on another forum asked the question:
      Where is it written that HATRED is an Orthodox trait?

      Ioannis (who I believe posts here on occassion) answered.......

      QUOTE:"hatred" is in fact a trait that is inseperable from Orthodoxy. I hate many things. Most of them I don't hate enough, and some of the things I should hate I truly don't.

      Hatred in Orthodoxy is ideally a passionless hatred - similiar perhaps to how you might hate the cancer that kills a loved one.UNQUOTE

      I disagree with this statement. To me hatred in any form cannot be passionless, it is a strange concept.

      I am looking for the comments from the list members,

      Katya