Re: [orthodox-synod] Being Fed Inconsistencies

  • michael nikitin
    Message 1 of 145 , May 31 8:33 PM
      Please Fr.Victor, do not kid us. Initially the bishops proposed a stipulation that the MP has to leave the WCC before dialogue begins.

      Then dialogue began and it was written that the MP does not pray in the WCC and that was the main sticking point(although that was not mentioned in the original stipulation). Again a change because the MP has no intention of leaving
      the MP and the bishops know this.

      Now we hear from Fr.Victor that we prefer them to leave the WCC, well
      why don't we prefer the Serbs to leave WCC also? One just has to go to the WCC site and see for themselves what the WCC organization is all about.

      Please be sincere father.

      Michael N

      frvictor@... wrote:
      As was made clear on a number of times, the participation of the Moscow Patriarchate in the World Counicl of Churches is not a hinderance to our Eucharistic union with them, as it has not been on obsticle with our regular concelebrations with the much suffering Serbian Church. We would prefere, however, that the Moscow Patriarchate would pull out of the WCC, as was noted in the resolution of the All-Diaspora Sobor.

      No inconsistencies.

      Priest Victor Boldewskul

      From: michael nikitin

      > Why is it alright for the Serbian Church to be in the WCC, but
      > not the MP?
      >
      > Why are the faithful making a big deal about the MP being in WCC, but not the
      > Serbs? I find this very disturbing.
      >
      > This tells me we're wrong in concelebrating with the Serbian Church.
      >
      > Michael N

    • singingmountains
      Message 145 of 145 , Jun 4, 2006
        <nikitinmike@...> wrote:

        > Why is it alright for the Serbian Church to be in the WCC, but
        > not the MP?
        >
        > Why are the faithful making a big deal about the MP being in WCC,
        but not the Serbs? I find this very disturbing.

        > This tells me we're wrong in concelebrating with the Serbian Church.
        >
        > Michael N

        If you equate the leadership, words and conduct of the MP leadership
        with that of the Serbian Church leadership, your point is well taken.
        However, if their ambition differs with regard to the WCC and perhaps
        even the Roman Catholic Church, that could be the beginning of your
        inquiry that would test your view that concelebrating with the Serbian
        Church is no different than doing so with the Russian Church under the
        MP leadership now in force.