Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: on canonical obstacles, and carrots

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2006
      XPICTOC BOCKPECE!

      Vova Lutchenkov wrote:

      > So here is the question. If I came to you for confession and told
      > you that I belonged to a group that was in the past responsible for
      > and in some cases enjoyed torturing little rabbits.
      > Can I go to communion?

      JRS: Again, "vintage Vova"!

      The obvious answer to that would be that, if you truly repented, and if that was the only issue at that, given confession: then, Yes.

      Perhaps you might be given a penance of cleaning the rabbit section at the zoo. Or of offering them carrots, on bended knee...

      In reality, it would be more likely the other way around: there may more people who are afraid that little rabbits are following them, secretly taping their phone calls, and applying psychological forms of torture, than people who repent of once belonging to an Anti-Rabbit League.

      CoreComm Webmail.
      http://home.core.com