Re: [orthodox-synod] Fw: burying (or not) Lenin -- Svobodnjy Kamenshchik

  • antiquariu@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2006
      In a message dated 4/27/2006 10:40:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      dimitradd@... writes:

      The Russian Church's getting rid of Lenin's body would be something in the
      same magnitude of ROCOR deciding to destroy the Masonic-symbol-laden
      Washington Monument or the United States Capitol Building, the cornerstone of which
      was laid by George Washington in Masonic garb. I bet that Russia will bury
      Lenin before we take down the Washington Monument.

      --Dimitra

      And your point is? A large chunk of historical Moscow and almost all of
      Piter are monuments to megalomania and leader cult. So what? A lot of Russian
      nobility, probably even the majority, were Masonic travelers from its
      inception under Catherine II and Elagin. Backlash reaction came in the 19th
      century, but, with the exception of would-be clergyman Sergej Nilus, nothing truly
      vicious was done to throw things at Freemasonry until the advent of the
      Communists. I still prefer the Enlightenment ideals of George Washington, Thomas
      Jefferson, and the variety of Freemasons here to the 'Christian' attitudes
      exhibited by a variety of 19th century tsar-autocrats, and frankly, Washington is
      preferable to Lenin any day of the week.

      Keep smiling,

      Vova H.

      -------------------------

      Thankyou for your translation workorder! ALS appreciates the opportunity to
      serve. Please come visit us at our corporate headquarters in the heart of
      Virginia's beautiful Hunt Country.

      Sincerely,

      Werner Saemmler-Hindrichs
      Director of Operations