Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Who does the church belong to?

  • morechoff@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 7:43 PM
      Subject changed to "who does the church belong to?".

      It will be interesting to find out as I always thought the people of the
      church could decides to join another jurisdiction. The priest himself may opt
      to not move (that would be his choice).

      I remember that many years ago the church in Mayfield, PA joined ROCOR from
      another jurisdiction.

      Even today I hear a church here and there saying they will leave ROCOR if
      the ROCOR/MP comes about.

      In a message dated 4/6/2006 8:57:43 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      dimitradd@... writes:

      On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 22:19:00 EDT, morechoff@... wrote:

      Don't most churches belong to the people?

      No. According to the canons, church property belongs to the bishop. I am
      too tired to look this up right now but maybe someone else has it at hand.

      --Dimitra Dwelley

      _Click Here!_ (http://us.click.yahoo.com/B6T8nB/Vp3LAA/EcBKAA/m.VolB/TM)