dogmatic-canonical analysis by vladimir moss

  • frraphver
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2006
      A 'Dogmatic-canoncial analysis of the ROCOR-MP Unia' has arrived in my
      email sent to orthodox-synod. But it has not appeared as far as I can
      tell on the messages of the orthodox-synod list. I'm not sure what
      this means. Having read about ten pages of this (it's quite long-
      about 30 pages) it's interesting as a kind of 'final summation' of the
      extremist mind-set. I'm not too sure if it's alright to post reactions
      to the article here or not if the article wasn't actually posted here.

      In Christ- Fr Raphael Vereshack
    • Carol Surgant
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2006
        Fr. Raphael,
        I ask for your prayers and blessing:

        frraphver <frraphver@...> wrote:
        A 'Dogmatic-canoncial analysis of the ROCOR-MP Unia' has arrived in my
        email sent to orthodox-synod.
        ... it's interesting as a kind of 'final summation' of the
        extremist mind-set.

        Exactly!
        And which Bishop is Vladimir Moss under these days? My grandmother would have said that this is "the pot calling the kettle black".

        A common thread exists for those who have left ROCOR.
        They are so anxious to be outside of ROCOR that any bishop will do. This was seen with the Boston Monastery and other more recent groups that have left the synod. Moral questions? - no problem! Questionable ordination - no problem? Yet things we guess ROCOR might do in the future - that we cannot abide!

        I do not see this online discussion going anywhere. The same questions continue to be asked, the same answers given. Anyone with serious concerns ought to be first asking their Priest and Bishop for clarification.