RE: [orthodox-synod] Struggling with the issue of the MP in the WCC

  • michael nikitin
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 3, 2006
      As I understood it, ROCOR sent delegates to the Faith and
      Order Conference. When it became obvious this organization
      was deviating from Orthodoxy into ecumenism, the delegation
      left. Accepting the MP(who joined the Soviet regime and
      helped persecute the Russian Church under St.Tikhon)as the
      Russian Church, hastened the delegates into leaving.

      There is no doubt that it was the right decision. We see
      what path this organization is taking. Those joining know
      the WCC's goal.One just has to visit their website and read
      their unOrthodox views.To join is to agree with these views,
      whether or not he abides by all of them.

      Does this mean after union with MP, ROCOR will join the WCC?
      If not, why?

      Michael N