Re: Who Is Really Behind the Schisms?

  • Maureen Girard
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 6, 2006
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "kato_ny" <kato_ny@...> wrote:

      > Metropolitan Vitaly is still alive and living a normal life in
      > Mansonville. Have you or anyone from today's Synod, visited him,
      spoke
      > to him? If he was that much senile, I think he would be inside a
      insane
      > asylum. unfortunately, thats not the case...>>

      Senility is NOT considered insanity. Senility can come from a variety
      of sources--the formation of metal-like placs on the brain, general
      tissue failure impacting the structure of brain cells, various medical
      disorders, etc. NOBODY goes to the "insane asylum" for these types of
      medical disorders. These unfortunate folks are usually treated at
      home. Of course, memory is usually involved. In many cases, these
      people can recall events from their childhood but recent events are
      outside of their medical ability. This means that they can remember
      dear old Uncle Harry but they may not recall meeting you yesterday.
      Treatment for these people is supportive. In other words, there's no
      cure but they need help with ADLs(activities of daily living).
      Dr. Girard
    • DDD
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 7, 2006
        Dear Vladimir,

        Just looking at  the life of the Holy New Martyr Andrei (Gnevyshev), starosta of St. Nicholas Cathedral in Bezhetzka (?)... where Bishop Gregory (Kozyrev) also served.
        Any relation?  Not a loaded question, as I do not follow up on these threads. I just happened to notice the name....

        http://days.pravoslavie.ru/Life/life4755.htm

        --Dimitra Dwelley
      • Vladimir Kozyreff
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 8, 2006
          Dear Dimitra,

          I do not know, wheter we are relatives or not. As you may know, this family
          gave more than one martyr.

          http://www.fond.ru/book/book3/3-45.htm

          Just looking at the life of the Holy New Martyr Andrei (Gnevyshev), starosta
          of St. Nicholas Cathedral in Bezhetzka (?)... where Bishop Gregory (Kozyrev)
          also served.
          Any relation? Not a loaded question, as I do not follow up on these threads.
          I just happened to notice the name....

          http://days.pravoslavie.ru/Life/life4755.htm

          --Dimitra Dwelley

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • cantor71
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 9, 2006
            Thank you, Vladimir, for this very informative link. I note their
            work is blessed by Alexy II.

            --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Vladimir Kozyreff"