Re: [orthodox-synod] Politics and Presidents (offshoot of Who Is Really Behind the Schisms?)

  • Vladimir Kozyreff
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 4, 2006
      Dear Elizabeth,

      The strategic interest for the US to have bases in Kosovo is obvious.

      Who admires Presidents Clinton and Bush? We just learned today that Prime Minister Blair too listens to God when making decisions on Iraq. Strange how they slander our Tsars for being orthodox, and nevertheless see themselves too as anointed by God.

      "L'homme n'est ni ange ni bête, et le malheur veut que qui veut fairel'ange fait la bête" (Bl.Pascal, Pensées)

      "Man is neither an angel nor a beast, and it is unfortunate that whoever wants to act as an angel acts as a beast".

      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 5, 2006
        Otets Alexander,

        Hello, its been awhile, bet everytime I find the extra time, I try to
        see whats going on the forum. Though "ALL" my MESSAGES here are
        "MODERATED", it's that "LESS" interesting to post since "NOW" this is a
        controlled group. I wonder if this message will get through or not.

        Concerning your posting, I really find it quite amazing!

        WHO REALLY WANTED TO SPLIT AWAY FROM THE ROCA CHURCH IN THE FIRST PLACE?
        What reasons would you think that such groups have split away?

        The question you should ask yourself, "Is it possible that "outside new"
        forces tried to force the "old traditional" out of Synod, and bring
        "newcomers" into the church? What Forced the Suzdalites, the
        Mansonvillians, the Varnavites and the Lazarites to break away? Isn't
        that some sort of sign??? I mean, imagine the wave of people, including
        priests and parisioners, traditionalists, who saw something seriously
        change in the True Church of God...

        Metropolitan Vitaly is still alive and living a normal life in
        Mansonville. Have you or anyone from today's Synod, visited him, spoke
        to him? If he was that much senile, I think he would be inside a insane
        asylum. unfortunately, thats not the case... What also is quite strange,
        shouldn't all of you feel sorrow for him if he was that sick?
        Unfortunately thats not the case...

        So the question is, who forced him to retire? Was there a set plan in
        place, to push him out, create reasons that he's senile, and on
        medication, and can't serve the church? Isn't it bizarre that he's still
        running a Russian Orthodox Church jurisdiction, and that there are many
        followers that once belonged to the one true church?

        Who really is responsible for the Schism then?

        Now, as far as the MP concerned, most of you who are leading the process
        towards unity, don't really show that much care, to listen from many
        parisioners. Most of you have this thing built up inside of yourselves,
        that "WE ARE GOING TO UNITE AND THATS FINAL" Forget the rest, they can't
        do much anyway to stop the process...

        Your travels to Russia, meeting up with the MP, and the MP snake showing
        you the beautiful shinny apple, doesn't mean that they are that clean
        and truthful! The MP Hiearchy (inside the yolk), are mostly Soviet
        brought up, that was under the guidance once of the KGB. Now quite
        modern, far from handling a spying network, the MP church has become an
        ORGANIZATION, who's interest today is to generate capital. We are not
        talking about the Parisioners in Russia, or the priests and monks in the
        regions, we are talking about the MP within the Hiearchy... the top
        heads. There is no "spiritualness" in there. (TAM NETU ISTINI!) Just try
        talking to Nicholas Bashakov (sp?), the MP secretary. You know who I
        mean. he's a modern day priest... who has run away from my questions to
        him on several occasions I managed to bump into him.

        Did you ever speak to the members and priests of the ROCA jurisdictions
        during your travels in Russia? Did you ever want to find out from these
        people who baulk at the MP, and perhaps get a better understanding of
        the situation in their native country? Are you scared to do so, or you
        don't find the reasons for it, afraid that they will give you their two
        cents about the MP in a bad perspective.

        So to come to a small conclusion, you can study all you want from the
        KGB files of 1923, but that one document that will be eventually
        created, when the two churches (and if it does) unite and the
        parisioners will split up, YOUR NAME (as well as others) will be
        documented and responsbile for the Newly United Church. You will be
        responsible for the destruction of the once True Church, The Russian
        Orthodox Church Abroad. You literally will be signing it away, with
        proper homework study, only relying on some 1923 documents, and seeinga
        shiny apple that Pat Alexii has given you.

        Which apparently doesn't seem to bother most you at all. On the
        contrary, you are trying to rush the church to unite, and that's quite
        sad. That is so modern in todays society.

        So, who really is behind the schisms Fr Alexander?
        Who's dictating todays Church?
        Why the rush, and forgeting the past, and one of the best examples of
        the needs to unite (or not) when Jerricho and Hebron Churches were taken
        away from us by Force! I still never got any clear answers concerning
        those two events. I believe the Patriarch was in Power already. Were
        those good signs of understandings to unite now?

        Forgive me Father and Everyone here, if I have hurt anyones feelings or
        did someone something bad, on this Sunday of Forgiveness.

        Konstantin

        <lebedeff@...> wrote:
        > ======================
        >
        > An amazing document, indeed.
        >
        > How similar is that situation to the one that we have now, with four
        > groups having separated themselves from the Russian Orthodox Church
        > Outside of Russia, each with its own hierarchy, and each disposed
        > inimically to one another and to the Russian Orthodox Church Outside
        > of Russia itself (the Suzdalites, the Mansonvillians, the Varnavites
        > and the Lazarites)!
        >
        > Yet we know exactly who was behind the splitting up of the Russian
        > Orthdox Church in 1923--the 6th Section of the Secret Department of
        > the OGPU--the precursor to the KGB-- and we know whose end it really
        served.

        > Who is really behind the splitting up of the Russian Orthodox Church
        > Outside of Russia at the present time, and whose end does it really
        serve?

        > I address those who are in these split-off groups:
        >
        > Do you realize whose cause you are serving by separating from your
        > lawful hierarchy and justifying this separation?
        >
        > With love in Christ,
        >
        > Prot. Alexander Lebedeff

      • Maureen Girard
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 6, 2006
          --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "kato_ny" <kato_ny@...> wrote:

          > Metropolitan Vitaly is still alive and living a normal life in
          > Mansonville. Have you or anyone from today's Synod, visited him,
          spoke
          > to him? If he was that much senile, I think he would be inside a
          insane
          > asylum. unfortunately, thats not the case...>>

          Senility is NOT considered insanity. Senility can come from a variety
          of sources--the formation of metal-like placs on the brain, general
          tissue failure impacting the structure of brain cells, various medical
          disorders, etc. NOBODY goes to the "insane asylum" for these types of
          medical disorders. These unfortunate folks are usually treated at
          home. Of course, memory is usually involved. In many cases, these
          people can recall events from their childhood but recent events are
          outside of their medical ability. This means that they can remember
          dear old Uncle Harry but they may not recall meeting you yesterday.
          Treatment for these people is supportive. In other words, there's no
          cure but they need help with ADLs(activities of daily living).
          Dr. Girard
        • DDD
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 7, 2006
            Dear Vladimir,

            Just looking at  the life of the Holy New Martyr Andrei (Gnevyshev), starosta of St. Nicholas Cathedral in Bezhetzka (?)... where Bishop Gregory (Kozyrev) also served.
            Any relation?  Not a loaded question, as I do not follow up on these threads. I just happened to notice the name....

            http://days.pravoslavie.ru/Life/life4755.htm

            --Dimitra Dwelley
          • Vladimir Kozyreff
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 8, 2006
              Dear Dimitra,

              I do not know, wheter we are relatives or not. As you may know, this family
              gave more than one martyr.

              http://www.fond.ru/book/book3/3-45.htm

              Just looking at the life of the Holy New Martyr Andrei (Gnevyshev), starosta
              of St. Nicholas Cathedral in Bezhetzka (?)... where Bishop Gregory (Kozyrev)
              also served.
              Any relation? Not a loaded question, as I do not follow up on these threads.
              I just happened to notice the name....

              http://days.pravoslavie.ru/Life/life4755.htm

              --Dimitra Dwelley

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • cantor71
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 9, 2006
                Thank you, Vladimir, for this very informative link. I note their
                work is blessed by Alexy II.

                --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Vladimir Kozyreff"