Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: [rocorclergy-churchaffairs] Repentance for Regicide

  • Vladimir Kozyreff
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2006
      Dear father Alexander,

      The very nature of sergianism is to have the bishops appointed by the devil.
      Therefore, renouncing sergianism must be renouncing that appointment.

      The nature of iconoclasms is to claim that icons are not orthodox. If you
      renounce iconoclasm and repent from it, that repentance is expressed in the
      fact that you venerate the icons from the day of your repentance on.

      Contempt and cynicism would be to say "I renounce iconoclasm" and continue
      destroying icons. In the same way, contempt is saying: "I know the devil has
      appointed me, I renounce sergianism but I it must be understood that I must
      be considered as appointed by God from now on, and that my appointment by
      the devil may never be mentioned again, because I apologised".

      We all deny Christ seven times seventy times a day. Any sin however big can
      be forgiven by confession. The good criminal, St Peter, St Paul are
      examples. These saints will meet us in the Kingdom we if we are saved.

      You try to depict me as somebody who denies the pardon of the sins. This is
      the "Donatist" analogy, which was already tried in this discussion.

      The position of St Augustine differed from that of the Donatists not in the
      fact that he would readmit the lapsi while the Donatists would not. Not
      repenting lapsi were not even considered. The difference was that St
      Augusrine did readmit repenting lapsi while the Donatists would not readmit
      even repenting lapsi. The lapsi had to produce a document of a respected
      faithful certifying that their repentance was sincere. We have the texts of
      those certificates.

      In addition, the iconoclast bishops asked to be readmitted by the Church. In
      the case of the sergianists, they admit themselves back in the "Church".
      They are just "samozvannye" (self appointing and self pardoning, impostors).

      Thank you for giving me this opportunity to show the absurdity of their
      defence.

      You should understand, dear Father Alexander, that you greatest contradictor
      are yourself and the ROCOR, whom you rescinded. Please read again
      "Sergianism, my perspective", by Father Alexander Lebedeff.