Re: [orthodox-synod] RE: Repentance for Regicide

  • Vladimir Kozyreff
    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 2, 2006
      Dear Dimitra,

      In the same way as they keep asking my definition of ecumenism when I
      denounce it, you should define martyrs when you ask questions about them.

      It is not sufficient for a person to be killed by atheists to be a martyr.
      The person should be a member of the true Church, not a sergianist, for
      instance.

      You know that Father Alexander Lebedeff claims that the 1927 declaration
      prompted the Bolshevik to liberate clergy, which saved the Church
      (sergianist view n° 1), while Father John Shaw claims that the declaration
      did not stop the persecutions, on the contrary, so that the sergianists were
      killed and became martyrs as well (sergianist view n° 2).

      The latter victims of the Bolsheviks are not considered as martyrs by the
      traditional ROCOR. For New ROCOR, of course, this distinction has become
      irrelevant and we may safely predict that New ROCOR will now
      enthusiastically glorify the killed sergianists.

      Message 37 of 37 , Feb 11, 2006
        GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST GLORY TO HIM FOREVER
        Dear Valdimir,
        I said no such thing. What I said is that we should
        RECONCILE with the MP. I don't think that they are
        going to storm over here and take over our churches
        and throw out our clergy, and make us do all sorts of
        un-Orthodox. Come on, you will NEVER accept
        recociliation with the MP because of what happened in
        the past. I will let the HOLY SPIRIT do HIS work and
        if it happens GREAT, if not, maybe later.
        You have never told us what the MP should do to become
        "good enough" for us to talk to.
        Love in Christ,
        Sub-deacon Lawrence Most

        --- Vladimir Kozyreff <vladimir.kozyreff@...>