Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: [rocorclergy-churchaffairs] Repentance for Regicide

  • michael nikitin
    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 2, 2006
      We are now earnestly waiting to read from Patr. Alexey II the repentance for Sergianism, repentance for being in Ecumenism and that the MP is leaving this WCC organization.

      http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6056

      Michael N

      "Fr. Alexander Lebedeff" <lebedeff@...> wrote:

      Earlier, I posted a quotation from an official Proclamation on the
      occasion of the 75th Anniversary of the murder of the Tsar-Martyr
      Nicholas and the Royal Family, which included the following words of
      repentance:

      >"The sin of the murder of the Tsar, which took place in the face of
      >the indifference of the citizens of Russia, has not been repented of
      >by our people. Being a crime against both the law of God and man,
      >this sin lies as a most heavy burden on the soul of the people, on
      >its moral self-understanding."
      >
      >"And so today, we, on behalf of the whole Church, on behalf of all of
      >its children--both those who have reposed and those who are now
      >living-- we offer before God and the people repentance for this sin.
      >Forgive us, O Lord!"

      I failed to mention that this Proclamation was issued and signed by
      Patriarch Alexei II of Moscow and All Russia and by the Holy Synod of
      the Russian Orthodox Church.

      And there are still those who stubbornly repeat that the Patriarch
      and the hierarchy of Moscow Patriarchate have never repented before
      God and the Russian people!

      The Epistle, dated July 16, 1993, also contains the following words:

      "Now, by renouncing the sins of the past, we must understand that
      good goals must be achieved through worthy means."

      Also note the words of this Epistle:

      "Repentance of the sin that was done by our ancestors must become for
      us yet one more sign of unity. Let the current sorrowful date unite
      us in prayer with the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, the
      rebirth of spiritual communion with which, in faithfulness to the
      spirit of Christ, we sincerely strive for."

      And this was in 1993!

      How many members of this list have heard of this Epistle prior to today?

      Why was it not published and distributed more widely abroad?

      Why is it not quoted when the question of repentance of the Patriarch
      or the hierarchs of the Moscow Patriarchate before God and the Russian people is raised?

      With love in Christ,

      Prot. Alexander Lebedeff

    • larry most
      Message 37 of 37 , Feb 11, 2006
        GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST GLORY TO HIM FOREVER
        Dear Valdimir,
        I said no such thing. What I said is that we should
        RECONCILE with the MP. I don't think that they are
        going to storm over here and take over our churches
        and throw out our clergy, and make us do all sorts of
        un-Orthodox. Come on, you will NEVER accept
        recociliation with the MP because of what happened in
        the past. I will let the HOLY SPIRIT do HIS work and
        if it happens GREAT, if not, maybe later.
        You have never told us what the MP should do to become
        "good enough" for us to talk to.
        Love in Christ,
        Sub-deacon Lawrence Most

        --- Vladimir Kozyreff <vladimir.kozyreff@...>