Is This Happening in Your Town?

  • Fr. John McCuen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2006
      "While conservatives work to add a gay marriage ban to the state
      Constitution, many Arizona cities are rolling out the welcome mat to
      gay tourists, marketing the state as a cosmopolitan, tolerant place to
      vacation.

      "Tempe is in the midst of a sophisticated campaign to lure gay,
      lesbian, bisexual and transgender travelers. The Tempe Convention &
      Visitors Bureau launched a Web portal for GLBT visitors on its Web
      site, and the city plans to usher travel writers from gay publications
      around town in the spring.

      "It's not the only Valley municipality eyeing a slice of the estimated
      $65 billion gay travel market."

      (Read the full story at
      http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0117gaytourism.html)

      While we are quick to pronounce judgment against those with whom we
      share the Orthodox faith and way of life, the world around us is going
      to hell -- and the realms of business and government are often leading
      the way.

      We are called to be salt and light. We are called to be messengers of
      the Gospel to those who dwell in darkness, and in the shadow of death.
      But we seem to be straining at gnats, while swallowing the camels of
      the advancing immorality of the world around us...

      unworthy Priest John McCuen